Monday, 26 December 2011

My first Christmas!

We used to celebrate Christmas in our schools and enjoyed one week of Christmas vacation. :)



Every time during this celebration we saw a fat old man in red and white costume called 'Santa' coming and throwing chocolates and small-surprise gifts at us. We knew it was fake Santa but it was too hard to recognize who he actually was? When I was in 3rd Grade, our teacher told us the story about Christmas, what it actually meant. Starting from the birth of Jesus Christ till the fairy tales of Santa. But just after this story, at night I couldn't sleep I thought a lot about this 'Christmas Story' and one thing I can't forget was 'Santa Claus' who use to gift you on this festival. I always used to dream about having my own bike (cycle) since my childhood. So all of sudden, I quickly went off my bed recalled the story which my teacher told me. And I recollected that kids use to hang their socks and write a note in it that they wish for so and so gift. I did the same ;) But still I couldn't sleep as I was really worried thinking, how the hell is Santa gonna fit a bike in that sock??!??!


But later that night somehow I managed to sleep and when I woke up in the morning, I was very disappointed to see the empty sock. I had tears in my eyes and felt heartbroken as the dream of getting a bike is still a dream. Neither Santa nor my parents fulfilled that dream as there was 'no real Santa' and my parents thought it was dangerous to gift me a bike. From that year itself, I never felt anything special about Christmas but when I see these western kids getting their gifts from their parents I really get jealous. :P
Atleast they enjoy their Christmas :)
Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year everyone!!

Cheers,
Suresh

No comments:

Post a Comment